Sunday, July 27, 2014

Connections



I have been trying to gain control of my photographs that I have been taking and saving on the computer.   I have been saving them but not going through them and putting some sort of order, so the last few days I have been going through all of them.   I came across this photo yesterday, I think it is a  Northern Mockingbird that I had the pleasure of coming across in late spring.  

It was one of those stressful days and I thought a walk with the camera would do me some good.   It was about a mile into the walk and I heard this bird singing.   As I walk closer I thought I would snap a few shots of it.   It took notice of me and seemed like it was posing for me.   We eyed each other up for a bit as I caught a few more shots.    As I started to move on down the road to continue the walk it flew in front of me and landed on a phone line and waited for me to catch up.   It looked down and me and just started to chatter at me like I was its new best friend.   I looked up and our eyes connected and it was like we had this instant connection even though we couldn't understand each other’s language.    We enjoyed each other’s company for about 5 minutes before parting ways.





No comments:

Post a Comment