Monday, July 23, 2012

Traveling

Well I’m off working again; I’m not doing the normal driving to work this time.  I’m getting the pleasure of working in Seattle so I’m riding on one of our company plane to work.   It only feels like yesterday that I got home as well and here I’m heading to work.   I was able to pack in a fair amount of things to keep me busy while I was home.   Between working at the churches food bank and catching up on the lawn and family things I was pretty busy and the 12 days home went by so quickly.
I got a nice surprise yesterday though.   The plane that I was going to ride ended up being a day late so I was able to stay at my 2nd home (AKA Fox and Hound) instead of staying by the airport in JFK.  It just made my night being able to sit on the front patio eating some nice pizza and enjoying a bottle of wine as the sun started setting and the fireflies came out.  It is such a calm and peaceful way of ending a day.
This last weekend way really fun, on Saturday Tina, Christa and I marched in the 3rd annual Charleston Pride Parade.   We were marching with South Carolina Equality group.  We have never done something like that before so we didn’t know what to expect.   Tina was real uncomfortable as we were waiting to line up and go, and to top it off it was way hot morning.   For the 1st part of the parade route there were not too many people on the sides of the streets.   Christa was so cute and was handing out little American flags out to little kids that were out watching the parade.   When we turned onto West Montague we could see that there was a lot more people waiting to see the parade.   I had to laugh because Tina turned and looked at me and said you are so going to owe me big for this.   I am pretty sure I am still paying her for the last thing I got her into the TV show we did J  But hey isn’t that what spouses are for though.  But all kidding aside Tina really did have a great time.  It was not close to what she expected and was really surprised at how positive of experience it was.   Christa really had a great time as well, after the parade she was out taking all kinds of photos with her camera.  While I was working at the Charleston Area Transgender group Christa and Tina went to all the booths that were set up and bought a lot of things.  One of Christa’s favorite this is a button that says I love my two moms on it.   It was a really cool experience and I think that it’s something that we will plan to do next years as well.










1 comment:

  1. Your right that is still my favorite button I can't wait to march again. Everybody was watching my two mothers! :)

    ReplyDelete