Sunday, August 26, 2012

Butterfly


One of my favorite things to do is go for a walk.  I find it relaxing and it is always a good time to reflect on the day’s events.   I love the New Hope / Lambertville area for walking.  They both have the tow paths that go along the Delaware River.  I really like the Lambertville side because the canal is running with water and there is more places to access the river.    A few days ago I had worked a night shift playing airplane and had most of the day to just relax so I thought I would just take a long walk and just explore areas I have not been before.  I decided to walk along the Lambertville tow path because I thought I would walk on the wing dam that I have seen so many people on before but never done myself.   Along the way I decided to stop and see this old abandoned rail car. 

I have not ever really been interested in it because it is all sprayed up with graffiti and figure what it can offer me.   Little did I know that it was going to be probably the highlight of my week.   As I get closer to it you can see that people have been putting their marks on it for a real long time.  It is a real shame that this rail car has given a long service of carrying people around and is in such bad shape, it really does deserve better.  As it make my way to the end of the car to climb up the stairs not really knowing what to expect other then thinking it is a shame that people are tagging it though.   As I get to the top of the stairs I see a half open door and the empty inside.


 I wonder how many people this car has carried.  What kind of trials in life have people had as they have ridden this car?  I start to walk through the car reading some of the interesting things people have written on the walls.   There is a really weird calmness that car seems to be giving off, not really sure how to describe it at all.  I finally get to the back of the car and walk through the door and was looking at the markings.  This is where my eyes lead me to a small area with this saying.

WOW this saying hit home with me. It made some tears come out; I am kind of sappy that way though. It has so much reference in my life in so many ways especially over the last few years though.  As I look back on my life for the last few years I have really been like a butterfly just emerging out of the cocoon.


2 comments:

  1. Butterflies are symbolic of change, rebirth and transformation! What a great thing :) In my country butterflies are regarded as magestic, beautiful, free-spirited beings and are highly respected! I love your blog and Im such a huge fan! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete