Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fireworks

Today I find myself sitting outside on the front porch of my home away from home enjoying the great weather.  The sun is out with hardly any clouds and a little bit of a breeze to keep is at a very comfortable temperature.    It is so calm and peaceful day, there is lots going on in town today but I just feel like sitting here and just taking in the world.  There is all different kinds of bird on the lawn getting worms and bugs for their babies, and there 2 rabbits that are coming out of the hedges eating the grass.  I enjoy the calmness of it all.
One of my favorite parts of staying in New Hope is the Friday night fireworks in the summer.   Last time I was here they were just going to start them and the river was too high so they canceled the show.   I guess I am really sentimental about the whole area and what the fireworks represent to me here I think.
I’m not one for really talking about personal things mostly because I really have a hard time getting my thoughts across clearly.  I will try though and tell you how I feel about this situation in my meager writing skills.  I see the New Hope fireworks as a freedom for me.  It represents the end of the old and unhappy person and the beginning of a new and very happy person.  I remember the 1st time that I so wanted to see them I was laying flat on my back in bed last summer recovering from surgery.  There was no way I was going to get out of bed at that time to see them.   However the following week I was feeling much better.  I was not able to walk to well so Tina and I drove downtown Lambertville to find a parking place early.   When it got closer we got out of the car we walked down by the river to watch them.   I still remember the pain standing waiting for them to go off.   It too all I could do to stay standing waiting for them to go off.   It so was worth it though, I can still remember all the emotions and how I stood there with tears coming down my face.   It was a very powerful moment for me.   During that time Tina and I got to spend two weeks of uninterrupted time.  It was so special to get to reconnect with her in a new and different ways we have never done before.
Almost a year later I still find myself here in the New Hope area, staying here when I’m working in NJ.  Last night I got to see the fireworks.   I watched them from the bridge this time, was way easier to walk downtown from the B&B this time. J      The fireworks were shorter this time, but still very wonderful.  I was hoping I would be strong and not get all emotional but I couldn’t hold the tears of joy back though.  I look back on the last year I am such a happier and better person then I ever thought I could be.   I could never have gotten this far though if Tina was not so supportive spouse.  Thank you Tina!


No comments:

Post a Comment