Thursday, May 31, 2012

Graduation week

Well last week was incredibly busy for our family.  I drove home from work in PA on the 23rd to get home for Christa’s graduation from 5th grade.   It seems like the years have flown by, I can’t believe our baby in going to be a 6th grader next year!   She was I a talent show last week as well and got a nice trophy for her dance.   I so wish I could have been there for her performance.  

Then on the 24th my parents came to town.  It has been over 2 years sense I have seen my dad and a year sense I have seen my mom.  I think because of the not seeing each other for so long and the already strained relationship sure made it hard for all of us.    Tina’s mom came a day later to add the stress to a new level.   Now the grandparents get jealous of how much time each one gets to spend with the girls.
  
Saturday was our big day though; Brenna had her high school graduation!   Both Tina and I are so proud of her and how hard she worked to get to that point.  It was so nice to have all the family together to support her.  Tina and I were reflecting on how fast the time seemed to go by.  It just seems like yesterday when she was going to her 1st day of school in Sitka.  Over the last two years we have seen how she has blossomed into a nice young woman.   I can’t wait to see what she does in her future.



No comments:

Post a Comment