Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Church and social justice


This last weekend Tina and I joined Holy Covenant Church in Charlotte NC.   We have truly found our church home.   What I really like about this church is that it is very biblical based and also very active in social justice issues.  I am finding that social justice issues really matter to me in life now.
Photo take by Debbie Davis
 Recently I have chosen to become involved with Scout for Equality.  I am going to be a Council Organizer.   It has been about 22 years sense I have really had much to do with the Boy Scouts.     I am hoping that Scouts for Equality and I will be able to change the anti LGBT position that the Boy Scouts of America has chosen to take.  As I have written in past posts I have pretty strong views about how the BSA can make a very positive change in a boy’s life.  All boys should have a opportunity to experience what the BSA can offer.    If you too would like to help make a change please check out Scouts for Equality.


No comments:

Post a Comment