Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Would you rather be right or have a relationship?


This last week has been pretty hectic.  We have been searching for a new car for Tina and out to get the best deal for the money.  We have test driven several and came close to buying on the weekend.   But the dealership and I couldn't come to an agreement on the price.  

I explored the idea of going back to school to finish my degree.   If I was to continue I would need 7 classes left to graduate.   I feel like it is a good time to finish it only because I have not found a job as of yet.   However is sure isn't a good time for it financially though.    I still have not made up my mind as of yet but today I am leaning on not continuing though.

On Sunday we went to church that we are thinking may be our new church home.   When we were in the new member’s inquiry class, the pastor made an interesting comment that really hit home for me.
She was explaining about how the UCC churches when through a time of struggle were some churches didn't want to be all inclusive like some were.   The two sides couldn't really come to term with each other.  At one of their yearly meetings one of the ministers gave a sermon entitled “Would you rather be right or have a relationship”.    

I really find this to be really true in my life.  In the past I always would rather be right and didn't care if a relationship would suffer.    But I am finding now that I am becoming more interested in a relationship then being right.    I have a few toxic relationships in my life currently and am wondering about maybe focusing in on just the relationship and not being right.   I think partially on my side of the relationship I have been not so open because I was more worried about being right on a few issues that I clearly believed to be wronged.    So I am thinking that maybe I will try a new approach to these relationships.







No comments:

Post a Comment