Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Peeps in the house





We are off to a new adventure.   Yesterday we went to the local farm store and purchased 4 baby chickens.   We each picked one out that we thought was cute and brought them to their new home.

The girls and I had made a coop prior to that.  I under estimated the time it would take to make it by a few hours.   The last few days I had been researching on how to make them and what would work best for us.  With them being as young they still have about 5 weeks before we can put them outside.   Because of this I wanted to make a coop suitable for using inside but yet also work for the outside when they are old enough as well.   We went to the hardware store and gathered our supplies and set off to construct it.   The girls were big help holding the wood as I sawed it to helping hold the boards together as I nailed them.   We had purchased a roll of chicken wire and that was sure time consuming attaching to to the 2 x 4’s, but we did it!   I’m sure it was quite a sight 3 ladies jamming out to the car stereo on the back patio putting it together.   In the future we will need to make a house to attach to it for the nesting boxes.  We will have a few weeks to make that though, it will give us some time to better prepare.

Now we need to name the Girls.



No comments:

Post a Comment