Sunday, February 24, 2013

Couponing


Over the last month I have been perfecting my couponing skills.   I have to say that I was one of those people that made fun of the people walking around in the store with a book or file folder bulging with coupons.  

With me not working I thought maybe I could save some money and try the coupon thing out.  Going into it right off the bat I was very skeptical to say the least.  I started by clipping some coupons out of the Sunday papers.   My very 1st shopping trip using them was really disappointing, I did save a little but it really brought my attention to the fact that I needed to really study up on the rules that the store had on the coupons.  I think that I may have saved 10% or so.    With a little reading up on how each store handles the coupons I have doing a lot better 4 weeks later.   This week I dropped our food cost to a 3rd of what we normally spend.   What really shocked me is that what I was buying name brand products as well.  I am truly starting to be a believer in couponing!    As a beginner I still have so much to learn so I will be interested to see how much I will be able to save down the line.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment