Thursday, April 5, 2012

Metropolitan Community Church Charleston Food Bank

One of my passions that I have found is volunteering at the Metropolitan Community Church of Charleston Food Bank.   With my travel schedule I am only able to work half the days that I used too.  It is a nice feeling knowing that you are helping and making a difference in a person’s life.  Christa our youngest daughter is on spring break so I thought I would bring her with me, it was also a nice way to getting some bonding time for just us two.  This was the first time she has helped me at the food bank, and she really didn’t know what to expect.  However she too also found it enjoyable and loved the feeling that she was helping people as well.   When she gets out of school for the summer I think I will have a new partner helping.  Today’s society seems to get too busy with life and not make time for volunteering.    This is a unique joy that people are missing out on.

Andi and Becky
Christa


No comments:

Post a Comment