Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Great Weekend

I have such a wonderful weekend.  I have been working on finding a program that I could volunteer in here in the PA area while I am working here.  I think I have found the right one for me that fits around my work schedule.  Saturday I helped plant plants for a Habitat for Humanity community, I really had a great time! The people are nice and what I like is that you can see the tangible difference it is making in peoples lives. I really can’t wait until when I get back next month to be able to have more time to work with them.
I also when down town New Hope to see the Reissuance Fair that was going on. It was really small, however it was the 1st time that it has been put on in New Hope though.   It is kind of funny I come here so much but I don’t always walk down town, but today I really enjoyed it.  I was in the mood for trying some place new and different for lunch so I would walk across the bridge to Lambertville to find this restaurant that Sara had mentioned to me.  She recommended El Tule its a Mexican and Peruvian restaurant.   I had the Causa a Peruvian dish that has yellow potato cake with yellow peppers and lemon, stuffed with vegetables in the middle.  I was so good!  I am so glad that I went out of my way to eat there. 

Sunday I got up really early to headed to Chestertown MD to visit my friends Cindy and Susan and worship with them at their church the Unitarian Universalists on Chester River.  There was a guest speaker Allison Woolbert talking about her transition and experiences as a male to female transsexual.  We had a nice lunch after service and then Allison led a little workshop for the congregation on how they could make their congregation more open and accepting to the transgender community.  It is so nice that their church is very open and accepting and still striving to improve on accepting all of god people.   

After the great presentation I was able to spend some good time at Cindy and Susan’s house catching up on all the changes in our lives.  Cindy and Susan are such great friends, and such positive people!   As a spur of the moment thing some of their friends were going to see a concert at the Washington College just a few blocks from their house so we decided to join them.  I really wasn't sure what to expect I just knew it was some Renaissance music.  I am always up for expanding my culture a little.  This concert was so awesome; the entire vocals were a cappella.  The instrumental part was cool too; most the students performing had just learned the instruments that year.  What a way to end a great day J



No comments:

Post a Comment