Saturday, December 1, 2012

A bit lonely.


This trip has seems like it will never end and I really have not been gone too long.   It may be because I will only have had 6 days off this month and traveled most of them.  I think for me though is really being lonely had hit me the hardest.   When I traveled to PA and stayed at the Inn everyone there is more than a fiend they are like my 2nd family.  Traveling down here to Miami I have really not had time to meet that many people.  I have been so fortunate to meet this cool person Jules that is down here for a year.  She came over the other day and it really helped so much with the loneliness.  Sense we have moved to the new town I have only stay at the new house 3 night and they really weren't full night either because of traveling.   I guess I feel like I don’t have a place to call home yet?  At some point after the 1st of the year I should have more time home and can start to feel like I belong there.   Being gone as much as I am I really am concerned about finding and meeting friends.   I am blessed with having my spouse and 2 children at the house so there is that comfort.

Yesterday morning I got to put a faces to some voices that I have been hearing when I was in my hotel room.   These people that are staying next to me are so loud!   The husband and wife are always fighting, bickering and such.  I was down having a late breakfast in the lobby and these people were waiting for someone.  I thought I recognize the guy voice but really not too sure.  It was a pretty good size group of people and you could tell they were family.   Then this lady comes down and just starts in at this guy, screaming at the top of her lungs right there in the lobby.  He starts yelling back at her; yep they are the mystery people staying next to me that yell all night long at each other.  I can only speculate on how long they have been married, but given their age it seems that they have been married probably for more than 40 years.  The way the family responded really indicated that this is a normal thing on their part.   I think every marriage has some dysfunction; I am so happy that Tina and I are not like that though.




No comments:

Post a Comment