Sunday, December 23, 2012

Broken Heart and unemployeed


I am venturing onto a new era in my life.  On the 26th  of this month will be my last day working for Evergreen International Airlines.   This is only the 2nd time in my life that this has happened to me.   The last time it happened was after the summer ended when I was working for Alaska Airlines close to 20 years ago. I have to admit I am a bit upset at how things transpired.  The company waited until the last flight out of Miami to tell me on the 21st.   I had spent all week working morning and night flights with minimal sleep and only to get told you’re done.  I feel hurt and broken, I love the job I do, and I love the company I work for as well.  Next August would have been 10 years with them.

I find myself in an odd position, I had promised myself that if I ever got laid off that I would not go back into the aviation field and try something new.   I find this pretty scary because at this point over the last 20 years I have really only have worked in the aviation field.  
  
I wonder if this is a way for God to push me into a new direction.   I find that I get in this comfortable zone and I really don’t want to move on.   I don’t want to be out of my happy zone!  So where to go now is the question, should I finish school, move over to another airline?   It is interesting how life brings you new and different choices. 

Working for the Evergreen has always been my comfort and constant in life through many different moves to different cities and especially through life’s changes.  Now I find myself surrounded by all new and no constant at all, it feels so overwhelming right now.    


No comments:

Post a Comment