Thursday, December 27, 2012

Out with the old and in with the new!


Well tomorrow will be a week sense I was notified that I was being laid off.   Yesterday at midnight was officially my last day L   I really have gone through a huge amount of emotions that I never figured I would have.   I was shocked, in denial, mad, hurt, abandoned, heartbroken, sad, used and so on.

One of the things that I really didn't expect is that Evergreen has really defined who I am as a person.  Now I feel like I need to redefine who I am, it is kind of scary but also way cool too.   I feel like I am in uncharted territory for sure.   I find that I’m in a new house that I have hardly spent time in.  A new town that I really have not explored and now no job. It all intimidates me, Evergreen has always been that constant in my life and not its not there.  

One of the things that has really helped out is that I have had some quiet time to myself.  Tina and the girls went to PA to see her mom for Christmas.  So I have had the house to my self for a few days now and it has really given me some quality time to process things.  

I am excited that I have the opportunity to redefine myself and can make some changes to myself.  I think I need to take stalk in what in important to me in life and head in that direction.  On Christmas Eve I worked my last plane for Evergreen International Airlines.   I was worried that I would get all emotional; being the waterworks had been flowing up until then.  But surprisingly it was just like any airplane turn that I did in the past.  It was very controlled on my part and smooth running with no hitches.   I pride myself on always doing the best I can do and on time departure at all times if I can make it happen.  My friend took this photo of me as the plane was departing.


I am scared and sad that this is the end of this road.  However I am also excited at the thought of what the future will bring!



No comments:

Post a Comment