Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Coffee Time

Tina and I have found a new hang out.  We have been going to a place called the Single Smile Café.  We just love this cute little coffee shop.  I get my new usual a large coffee and a plane bagel with peanut butter on it.  Tina is the more adventurous and tries new things there. We love the atmosphere,  we also like that they have a piano playing music.  We find that the piano music is really relaxing to us. I think for me the best part of going there is spending the time with Tina though.
The Single Smile Café reminds us of when Tina and I were going to Sheldon Jackson College in Sitka, AK.  Tina worked at this place called Coffee Express.  She was always so good to me; she would make me these triple sized turkey or ham sandwiches.  We were just young college students madly in love with each other.  At that time we lived just right around the corner in this place we called “Crack Alley”.  Because we were poor college students it was all we could really afford, but it was our own and we were off campus J
Crack Alley sure left us with all kinds of great memories, mostly because of the characters that lived in the units around us.  We had names for all of them, the walls were paper thin so their names would represent what we would could hear about them through the walls.    My parents were so worried about Tina and I getting a apartment together, in their eyes we were living in sin.  Of course they didn’t know about the last few semesters prior to that of the "co-habitation" that I did in her dorm room.  One of my best memories though about this place was the day that we went to the justice of peace a few blocks away and got married.  It sure was one of the best things we have done as a couple.


No comments:

Post a Comment