Tuesday, March 27, 2012

TV Show

I find myself thinking about what this upcoming week will bring.  I must say to be honest I really am nervous to say the least.  On the 29th  our family will be on a TV show talking about what for a long time has been a something that we have really keep quiet about and only to ourselves.  For this reason I think it was exceptionally hard for us to open up and share our story.  It is really scary for us to think that your story will be viewed on major network TV.  We don’t know how people with react to seeing our story, and how this could affect our family.  However we felt that sharing our story with the public about our lives could help other families deal with a situation like ours as well maybe inform people as well.
We want people to know that our family is no different than anyone else’s family out there.  We face the same problem and have the same dreams and hopes. Being transgender doesn’t have to mean the end of your marriage or the end of your family.  For us we see it as just one of many hurdles in life that need to be faced and overcome.  Over the 19 years Tina and I have been married we have struggled with many things over the course of the years.  In the last four years we have had to really work hard in dealing with these hurdles, milestones and finalities of my gender identity.   In dealing with these issues it has made our family and especially our marriage so much stronger than we ever thought that it could be.  

Here is a link to the promo for the show.     Dr. Oz Show March 29th





4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the show, Brynne! Amy sent out an email about your appearance and, in searching for some more details or a promo, I found your blog!
    I know you and your family will shine! Such a beautiful bunch.
    Just watched the promo... "deciding to become women..." Yikes. I've got my fingers crossed for accurate portrayal of the trans experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly,

      Thank you :) We really hope people will see that our family is no different than any other family. We have the same hopes and dreams as all families do.

      Brynne

      Delete
  2. You were great!! The show was very concise and unbiased. Just what people need to see and understand. Thank you for going public. (And thanks for following my blog too).

    Hugs,
    Eva-Genevieve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im so happy for you its almost been 20 years!!! im proud of you holding on to your wife though thick and thin I saw you on the dr.oz show and you were great you told your story like a book and you were proud and that made me so proud of you

    ReplyDelete