Saturday, March 3, 2012

Temptation

Well today I almost fell to temptation L



 About 5 weeks ago I decided to start eating a vegetarian diet.  It isn’t how I was brought up for sure. I really don’t prescribe to the view of how most vegetarians feel on how eating meat is cruel to animals and is bad for you.  Growing up I was always taught that a meal needed to include some kind of meat.  It is kind of weird how I came to decide on trying the whole vegetarian diet.  My journey all started in October when I unexpectedly had my gallbladder removed when I was working in PA.  After having it out I sure did feel better, however I was having issues when I ate meals.  It took me a while to figure out what was causing the issues and it seemed to be meat.  After stopping eating meats all has been well and I feel great.  It really has been a eye opening experience in learning and trying new and different foods that I would have never tried before.  I love to cooks so it has been a challenge as well trying new cook new foods that I have never cooked.  Anyway I kind of got off track here on the story, so Tina and Christa and I were stopping to get some lunch.  We pulled into one of the girl’s favorite places to eat and Tina started to egg me on to get some meat instead of the usual salad that I get.  It sounded so good so as I place the orders for the girls I ordered the number 1 combo and supersized itJ.  All the way home I was thinking that is going to taste so good.  We got home and I was ready to get into the meat Zen, I ate the fries and just couldn’t make myself eat the sandwich.  I don’t know if it’s because I didn’t want to let myself down or what the reasoning is.  But in the end it just shows that life is full of temptations from the small things of not eating meat to an endless amount of larger things.  It seems that this is going to be a  conviction that I am going to stand strong on.

1 comment:

  1. I was a vegetarian for over 3 years before becoming a vegan around November of last year. It certainly can be hard at times. I'd definitely be willing to share some tips or advice if you need it! Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete