Saturday, January 5, 2013

New things in the New Year


This New Year so far has been full of new things for our family.
   
Christa has started a new school.   The school is newer school and has about 125 students per grade.  The smallness of the school fits great for Christa.   She is also starting a new instrument in band too.  She has chosen to try the Flute.  We went out to several music stores the other day and found the right one for her.   Like most things she is picking it up really fast, but the best part is she really enjoys learning to play it.  She hasn't put it down sense we got it J


We also stepped out of our normal box and purchased an air rifle.   We have had this rule that we would not have guns in the house sense we started having children.   Tina mentioned that she thought it would be fun to get one.  I figured we would buy a inexpensive one on the off chance the girls wouldn't like it.   Christa was pretty apprehensive at first; I showed her the basics and most importantly the safety of things.   After her 1st few shoots she was hooked.   She loves shooting it, we put up several targets on the back yard for her to shoot.   She is really getting good; her favorite target is the cans that we hung up.    What I really like is that it’s something that the 2 of us can do and enjoy together.  It is a great way to spend time with her.


For me I decided to try something new as well.   I have been wanting to change my hair color for a long time,  so I thought I would change it for the New Year as well. 






No comments:

Post a Comment