Sunday, January 20, 2013

Walk in the park


With the colder weather here in Rock Hill it has enabled our family to enjoy the fireplace in our house.  
The girls love to sit in front of it and basking in the heat that it gives off,  after they have their fill of the heat they love to roast marshmallows on the coals.  For me I have been able to put the old Boy Scout skills to use, the house sits on 7 acres of land that is mostly filled with trees.   I bought a bow saw and have been cutting the wood for the fireplace.  I really do enjoy the physical work out that it gives me as well. 

With us being newer to the area, I have wanted to find trails to walk on.  Yesterday we went to River Park to check it out.   It was a cool, crisp day and the sky was brilliant blue.    After the 2 inches of rain that we had the trails were a bit muddy though.   Brenna brought her camera and is really getting into taking photos.  She has a good eye for what it takes to compose a good photo.  I also brought my new camera to try to capture some photos as well.   I’m still getting the feel of it and am getting better photos with it now.  

We ended the day with making some veggie chili with cornbread for dinner.   I think it was the best chili that I have made as of yet.  For desert that night I made some smores, Tina and the girls had never had them before.   They sucked them down like crazy, but then how can you go wrong with anything that has chocolate in it J

Christa Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment